Medicaid in the President’s budget request

The Department of Health and Human Services accidentally leaked their own budget this evening. Bob Herman at Axios saved a copy. The biggest aspect of the budget is it laid out another $600 billion dollars in cuts to Medicaid and CHIP over ten years in addition to the $820 billion in Medicaid cuts in the AHCA.

Between these two documents Medicaid would lose 47% of its federal funding over a decade.

Loren Adler at Brookings thinks the cuts would be to tie the AHCA block grants to no more than inflation rate growth without regard to population or case mixture. As the Baby Boomers retire, more of them will require nursing home care that is currently paid for by Medicaid but there would be no federal money.

This is a budget wishlist that pits old people versus kids, the disabled against the pregnant and state budgets against upper income tax cuts in the federal budget.

Call Congress and give them an earful.

56 replies
  1. 1
    ๐ŸŒŽ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Goku ๐Ÿ—ณ ๐ŸŒท says:

“accidentally”

Do you believe that?

2. 2
    Mary G says:

They are subhuman monsters.

3. 3
    Mike in NC says:

Just fuck this insane turd and his minions.

4. 4
    ๐ŸŒŽ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Goku ๐Ÿ—ณ ๐ŸŒท says:

@๐ŸŒŽ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Goku ๐Ÿ—ณ ๐ŸŒท: Also:
    My senator and rep are dems so no worries there.
    My other senator is the esteemed Rob Portman, so I’ll be hitting Resistbot to tell what I think of El Presidente’s budget

5. 5
    Dmbeaster says:

This is Ryan’s people filling in for that nonexistent White House staff to create a Ryan budget.

6. 6
    rikyrah says:

EVIL AZZ MUTHAPHUCKAS.
    THE.ENTIRE.LOT.OF.THEM.

7. 7
    Mary G says:

Good Twitter thread:

The fraud here goes beyond โ€œrosyโ€ forecasts. It even goes beyond โ€œvoodoo economicsโ€โ€“the debunked theory that tax cuts pay for themselves. 2/— Seth Hanlon (@SethHanlon) May 23, 2017

and

@gregleiserson @BudgetHawks So this is not a $2 trillion โ€œmagic asterisk.โ€ THIS IS A $7.5 TRILLION LIE. 9/— Seth Hanlon (@SethHanlon) May 23, 2017

8. 8
    Lizzy L says:

Monsters. They are monsters.

9. 9
    ๐ŸŒŽ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Goku ๐Ÿ—ณ ๐ŸŒท says:

@๐ŸŒŽ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Goku ๐Ÿ—ณ ๐ŸŒท: http://resistbot.io

In case anyone is interested

10. 10
    mai naem mobile says:

I know it isn’t going to hit Trumpers exclusively but I hope it hits them the worst. And,yeah, I’ll call my Senators. My Rep is a Dem who may be running against McCain next time.
    The DCCC added David Schweikert on their 2018 hitlist. I am kind of shocked because it covers North Scottsdale(wealthy)and a an overall tonier part of north Phoenix.

11. 11
    Omnes Omnibus says:

@๐ŸŒŽ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Goku ๐Ÿ—ณ ๐ŸŒท: I have my people in my phone. But thanks for posting. Shouldn’t you be out getting drunk/stoned/laid instead posting here?

12. 12
    Joe Falco says:

Cry bullshit and let loose the blogs of war!

13. 13
    Corner Stone says:

@Mary G: I am having a difficult time figuring it out from his twitter feed, but it seems like Seth is not a very big fan of this potential budget?

14. 14
    Morzer says:

Trump and Pence lie
    Americans die.
    HANG THEM HIGH!

15. 15
    David ๐ŸCanadian Anchor Baby๐Ÿ Koch says:

2027

Mmmmmmmm, this Trump Soylent Greenโ„ข is tasty.

16. 16
    ๐ŸŒŽ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Goku ๐Ÿ—ณ ๐ŸŒท says:

@Omnes Omnibus: On a Monday night? Nah. Besides it’s my Mom’s birthday. Spending time with her

17. 17
    David ๐ŸCanadian Anchor Baby๐Ÿ Koch says:

Luckily, revolutionary Susan Sarandon is protesting these draconian cuts (photo)

18. 18
    Omnes Omnibus says:

@๐ŸŒŽ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Goku ๐Ÿ—ณ ๐ŸŒท: I accept the Mom’s birthday argument. I reject the Monday night argument.

19. 19
    Sab says:

@๐ŸŒŽ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Goku ๐Ÿ—ณ ๐ŸŒท: Hey. I live in the far western edge of your congressional district. Love that gerrymandering. My Congressman lives about forty miles from the largest city in his district. He is attentive to us, fortunately. I will call Portman yet again tomorrow and politely express my concerns. Also calling my Congressman to thank him in advance.

20. 20
    Corner Stone says:

@๐ŸŒŽ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Goku ๐Ÿ—ณ ๐ŸŒท:

Shouldnโ€™t you be out getting drunk/stoned/laid instead posting here?

Was there some thread I missed about signing up for this? Why do I always catch the pet blegs but never the bone down blegs?

21. 21
    Steve in the ATL says:

@Corner Stone: you live in Texas. We are afraid you’ll show up and go all Yosemite Sam on us.

22. 22
    Omnes Omnibus says:

@Corner Stone: Talking about a 21 y/o who comments here. Court ordered?

23. 23
    Corner Stone says:

Can anyone. Anyone. Tell me why in the fuck somebody would buy Oreo Thins?

24. 24
    Omnes Omnibus says:

@Corner Stone: What are Oreo Thins?

25. 25
    Morzer says:

@Corner Stone:

Because that’s what is available after certain people bought 500 packets of the good stuff to stockpile for the End of the World?

26. 26
    piratedan says:

maybe… just maybe if all of this shit gets faithfully reported regarding the GOP budget, its possible that some people might be able to connect the dots, trace the outline in the picture and determine that the GOP are a bunch of hateful asshats who only accommodate rich people.

the rest of us can simply fuck off and die.

27. 27
    Corner Stone says:

@Omnes Omnibus: Good God. What category of horrible atrocity could he be guilty of to suffer such a fate? Claims to be spending time with mom on bday so I’ll believe that and rule out Menendez Brothers acts. A little young to have murdered nuns in Central America.
    Oh no…no…did he…vote for Stein?…or…Trump?!

28. 28
    LurkerNoLonger says:

@Lizzy L: No, they’re human (or at least claim to be). That’s the scary part.

29. 29
    ๐ŸŒŽ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Goku ๐Ÿ—ณ ๐ŸŒท says:

@Sab: Who’s your Rep? Mine is Tim Ryan

30. 30

@Omnes Omnibus: If Balloon Juice was around when I was Goku’s age, I’d be commenting. Then again, I’m weird.

31. 31
    Mike in NC says:

On Frontline (PBS 10 PM EST) tomorrow is a story about psycho Steve Bannon and his obsession with the War on Islam. What a fucking lunatic.

32. 32
  33. 33
  34. 34
    Corner Stone says:

I’m not a big fan of Bibi but seeing his face while Trump just spontaneously rats Israel out *again*. That’s fucking priceless.
    “Oh, God! I knew I should not have had that third serving of prunes followed by a cigarette!!”

35. 35
    danielx says:

@Omnes Omnibus:

It’s a good thing too; likely lowers the average commentator age by ten years.

36. 36
    manyakitty says:

@Sab: I’m in Akron, too. Well, Fairlawn.

37. 37
    Sab says:

@manyakitty: Love her.

38. 38
    Davis X. Machina says:

To a certain kind of voter, the cruelty, and not the savings, is what you’re actually selling.
    There’s a market for it.

39. 39
    ๐ŸŒŽ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Goku ๐Ÿ—ณ ๐ŸŒท says:

@Sab: I think I mentioned it before but I live in NE Ohio near the state line. Close to Youngstown actually. Kind of Trump country yet not. Still can’t believe my county went 46 for Trump, 49 for Clinton.

40. 40
    Sab says:

@manyakitty: Drive my 93 year old dad around Fairlawn all the time. We are there so much everyone thinks we live there and wave at us as obvious neighbors that they can’t remember where exactly we live. LOL.

41. 41
    Sab says:

@๐ŸŒŽ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ Goku ๐Ÿ—ณ ๐ŸŒท: Aren’t you from Warren? My very adventurous ancestors took about four generations to get from Warren to Akorn.

42. 42
    danielx says:

@Davis X. Machina:

How does it go….they are unable to enjoy the blessings of heaven unless they can also hear (enjoy?) the screams of those in hell?

43. 43
    randy khan says:

It’s really remarkable, now that I think of it, how much effort the Trump Administration takes to ensure that it steps on its own message as much as possible. There’s absolutely no reason to release the budget while the President is on his first big foreign trip, but that’s what they’re doing.

Of course, given how well things went today, releasing a DOA budget with proposals as stupid as the Medicaid cuts might be just the distraction they need when he pulls the handshake trick on the Pope.

44. 44
    manyakitty says:

@Sab: Me too. I’m lucky.

45. 45
    manyakitty says:

@Sab: Nice! Glad to know about local Juicers.

46. 46
    Sab says:

Sorry to everyone else that I turned this into NE Ohio old home thread. Just very excited that younger voters are interested. I have been feeling like my whole political adult life (50+ years) was a complete waste, and that we are backtracking on everything, except for my three stepchildren, and then along comes Goku, and also some other politically involved folks I know.

47. 47
    The Major says:

The Major will not have any of that….

48. 48
    Sab says:

@manyakitty: All this time I thought you were outside of Dayton or Columbus,

49. 49
    patrick II says:

There are two ways we could have fewer poor in this country — make sure everyone is well fed, as much as possible have everyone earn decent wages and get a good education. Or we could just kill them off. The republicans have made the second choice.

50. 50
    Raoul says:

Somehow the Trump admin thinks that extreme cruelty in their budget will take heat off of them for their Russian problemsky or the rapidly deteriorating uuuuge international trip?

Ooookaaaay.

51. 51
    TenguPhule says:

Trump and his minions are determined to literally kill us all.

Clear and present danger.

52. 52
    TenguPhule says:

@Corner Stone:

Can anyone. Anyone. Tell me why in the fuck somebody would buy Oreo Thins?

They hate themselves and those around them?

53. 53
    TenguPhule says:

@๐ŸพBillinGlendaleCA:

If Balloon Juice was around when I was Gokuโ€™s age, Iโ€™d be commenting.

Balloon Juice was around when I was Goku’s age. And I was commenting here.

Post Redemption John, of course.

54. 54
    Morzer says:

@Raoul:

I think it’s more the case that the GOP have believed their own lies for so long that they can no longer deal with anything like reality. This budget is the work of minds who have absorbed only very select materials from their alternate reality for decades, to the point where they actually think this is a solution to the “problems” they imagine America faces. This is why they avoid town halls, run away from criticism, hate the media for intruding into their fantasy world and generally do everything they can to keep the Reaganite crack pipe circulating as fast as possible among their fellow-travelers.

55. 55
    NorthLeft12 says:

Reminds me of the movie “Blue Collar”. The punch line of the movie was how those in power always set groups against each other. Groups that should have been working together against those in power.
    Young versus old. Black versus white. Anything to keep them from coming to an understanding of what was really happening.

56. 56
    NorthLeft12 says:

@David Canadian Anchor Baby Koch: But can’t you see she is smiling, secure in the knowledge that she has prevented the war that Hilary would have started.
    And everyone is cheering her for her selflessness and sacrifice.

Comments are closed.